The key to a successful project is to give people freedom and autonomy, to lead with clear, simple objectives that can be achieved little by little. In this sense, "Platform Engineering" is having the organizational and technical tools that make it possible, that is, the evolution of the DevOps culture.
To do this, organizations need to invest in internal development platforms that allow teams to focus on building applications, without having to worry about infrastructure or operational processes.
These platforms must have the following capabilities:
- Infrastructure automation: create and manage development environments, deploy applications and manage security in an efficient and scalable way, without adding problems to be able to do a Hello World in Kubernetes.
- Infrastructure as Code (IaC): Defines IT infrastructure in code, making infrastructure automation easier and simpler.
- Container orchestration: Kubernetes and Linux will continue to be at the core of everything. Remember it.
- Continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD) services: that automate the application development, deployment and testing process.
With these capabilities, development teams can:
- Free yourself from administrative tasks and focus on what you enjoy: code.
- Improve your productivity and efficiency.
- Reduce errors and risks.
- Accelerate time to market for applications.
This year we will continue with PlatformCon and you can register here: